/ Home / Business Information / Industrial and Commercial Lets / Information for Tenants
This webpage has been created as a basic guide to your rights and responsibilities as a tenant occupying Highland Council's industrial or commercial property.
Your rights and responsibilities are set out in detail in your lease but we hope this reference will also be of use and address any basic FAQs regarding Highland Council commercial leases. Should you have further or more detailed queries, please do not hesitate to contact the Property Section who will be happy to help - a weblink to the contact details is available at the bottom of this webpage.
This webpage has been produced solely for the convenience of Highland Council Commercial Tenants. It includes basic information about the general terms of Highland Council's standard building lease terms and other associated matters. This does not form any part of the lease nor does it supercede any part of any contract between the Tenant and the Council. At all times reference should be made to your own lease for further information.
Independent advice on matters regarding your lease should always be obtained from a solicitor or surveyor.
1. What sort of lease do I have?
2. How long does my lease run?
3. Can I alter or extend the premises? Making Alterations to the Property Extending the Property
4. What are my responsibilities under the terms of my lease? Pay the Rent, Insurance, Non Domestic Rates, Utilities Undertake Repairs and Maintenance Comply with the Use Clause and Obtain Planning Permission
5. What happens if I do not comply with the terms and conditions of my lease?
6. Will the rent I pay change during my lease? Rent Reviews Appeals
7. Can I end my lease early? Early Termination Assignation Subletting
8. What happens at the end of my lease? Tenant’s Obligations Dilapidations
9. Who can I contact for further information? Back to Industrial & Commercial Lets home page
© Copyright The Highland Council, 2006 Last Updated: 06/06/2013