Housing Information

Advice and Information on Housing | Affordable Housing Developments | Care and Repair | Crofting Schemes | Housing Stock | Lettings Areas | Other Registered Social Landlords | Registered Tenant Groups | Right to Buy | Unauthorised Camping by Gypsy/Travellers |

Advice and Information on Housing

If you have any queries about housing, you can visit any Highland Council Service Point, phone the Service Centre on 01349 886602 or write to:

Housing and Property Services, Town House, Inverness, IV1 1JJ

If you wish to make a complaint, please go to the Council's Report a complaint page

The Housing and Property Manager (South) is Tracey Urry.  She is principally based in Inverness.

Your nearest Service Point is:

At all Highland Council Service Points you can:

In addition, at Inverness Service Point you can contact a housing officer.

If you are a council tenant and have an emergency repair to report outside office hours which are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, you can phone the emergency housing number - 08457 002005.

Finding Housing: because we have many more households on the waiting lists than we are able to accommodate in council housing, we have developed A Guide to Housing Options, which gives information on the various ways of finding housing in Highland.

Homelessness: If you become homeless, please contact a housing officer to obtain advice and information.  You can phone or write to the Inverness Housing and Property Office or you can ask at the Service Point above to be put in contact with a housing officer.  If you become homeless outside office hours, please phone the emergency housing number - 08457 002005 so that the standby officer can help you access emergency accommodation.

| Return to top |

Affordable Housing Developments

The Council is developing housing at Milton of Leys and at Parks Farm.

| Return to top |

Care and Repair

The Care and Repair scheme offers free and confidential information and advice to older people and people with a disability who are homeowners or private tenants, to enable them to improve, repair or adapt their homes.

The Care and Repair agents for the Inverness South ward are:

Care and Repair
Cairn Housing Association
Cairn House
30 Waterloo Place

Tel: 01463 229150

| Return to top |

Crofting Schemes

This ward is designated as a low priority area for crofting.

| Return to top |

Housing Stock

Look at the Ward Statistics page to obtain information on the total number of households and the number of council houses in the ward.

| Return to top |

Lettings Areas

The Inverness South Ward covers Inshes, Westhill and the Loch Ness South lettings area of Tomatin.

| Return to top |

Other Registered Social Landlords

The following housing associations have general needs housing in the Inverness South Ward.

| Return to top |

Registered Tenant Groups

There are no registered tenant groups in the Inverness South Ward  If you are a council tenant and would like to form a tenant's group, please contact your nearest Housing and Property Office for advice on how to do so.

| Return to top |

Right to Buy

The Inverness South Ward is covered by "Pressured Area Status".  This means that council tenants who started a new tenancy on or after 30 September 2002 have their right to buy suspended.  This will last whilst the ward continues to be a pressured area. 

| More information on the Right to Buy.

| Return to top |

Unauthorised Camping by Gypsy/Travellers

The Council respects the rights of Gypsy/Travellers to maintain their travelling way of life.  There are 4 sites in Highland, owned by the Council, which provide accommodation and related services for Gypsy/Travellers. We recognise that sometimes Gypsy/Travellers camp on other land.  We have developed a protocol in line with Scottish Government guidelines that we will follow when responding to unauthorised camping by Gypsy/Travellers.

Housing and Property staff will respond to unauthorised camping on council land in the Inverness South Ward.

Housing Information | Return to Index of Wards | Return to top |