The Plus One Scheme is designed to give people in the Highland community with high support needs greater access to the range of civic and cultural opportunities. The Scheme does this by issuing eligible individuals with a Plus One Card which when presented when purchasing admission or tickets for any participating event or venue, allows an accompanying carer to gain access free. The applicant shall pay the normal rate of entry. An individual is eligible to join the Scheme where it is considered that the accompaniment of a carer will have significant positive outcomes for the individual through improving their uptake of social, cultural, educational, leisure, and/or sports opportunities.
To obtain a Plus One card you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a permanent resident in the Highland Council area
- Be unable to access education, culture and sports facilities or venues without the assistance of a carer or attendant for reasons of:
- Sensory impairment
- Physical impairment or frailty
- Learning disability
- Mental health problems
Please note that not all people with the above disabilities require the assistance of a carer or attendant. The Scheme only applies to those who do require such assistance.
Please complete the application available herewith and submit to your local service point or post to Kinmylies Building, Leachkin Road, Inverness, IV3 8NN.
Automatic entry to scheme will be given on proof of any of the following:
- NEC card with the plus one logo
- In receipt of higher rate care component
- In receipt of middle rate care component
- In receipt of attendance allowance
- Registered blind
- Eligibility certificate from GP (Note: the service point can provide a form for this purpose)
More information on the Plus One Scheme will be available at your local service point or by phoning one of the area office numbers below:
Caithness, Sutherland & Easter Ross - Telephone 01955 607719 (Wick)Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch & Strathspey - Telephone 01463 703999 (Inverness)
Ross, Skye & Lochaber - Telephone 01349 868527 (Dingwall)