For details of each award, click on the hyperlinked titles below
Adventurous Activity Specific
- Canoeing and Kayaking
- Paddle Power - comprises of 5 Awards to support a young paddler’s introduction and progress in Paddlesport.
- Rock climbing
- NICAS - designed to promote climbing development and accredit individual achievement on artificial climbing structures
- Mountain Biking
- Go Mountain Bike - to support individuals to develop the skills to make independent journeys into the outdoors.
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Snowlife Awards - a fun set of eleven levels that you can achieve by participation, awareness and safety in your chosen snowsport.
- Sailing and Windsurfing
- RYA Onboard programme - Our aim is to make it as easy as possible for you to add sailing and windsurfing to your school sports curriculum or extra curriculum
Fuller information with regard to different awards, please contact Rebecca Raynes, Youth Services Strategy Officer; email@example.com
In addition to the above there is the Mark Scott Foundation - Leadership for Life Award.
The Mark Scott Leadership for Life Award is a unique and innovative approach to personal development that brings together young people from different social, religious and cultural backgrounds, and trains and supports them as they plan and deliver a community-based project. Selected participants aged between 16 and 18 attend a 5 day course run by Outward Bound at Loch Eil, near Fort William. Here they acquire skills and confidence that will help them work together for between four and seven months to complete a project in their local community.
This innovative combination of outdoor activities and urban community-based project work helps young people to develop their talents while at the same time breaking down traditional barriers and benefiting local communities.
For further information, contact George Reid or Nancy Chambers, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01479 812 978
|Back to top