Normal Opening Hours:
Monday to Saturday 10:00am - 2:00pm & 2:30pm - 5:00pm
Alness Recycling Centre
Directions: Find us here (this link will take you to Google Maps)
- Batteries - all household batteries*
- Car batteries
- Cooking oil (vegetable oil only please)
- Engine oil
- Fluorescent light tubes, standard & energy efficient light bulbs
- Fridges & Freezers
- Garden waste
- Gas cylinders
- Glass bottles & Jars
- Handbags & Shoes
- Monitors & TVs
- Plastic bottles***
- Rubble & Soil
- Scrap metal
- WEEE - Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment*****
- White goods
* These include re-chargeable, non-rechargeable and battery packs from electronic and electrical equipment. It doesn’t matter if they are full, completely discharged or only part used. We accept -
- Single cell household batteries, such as AA, AAA, button and ‘square’ batteries used for items such as torches, clocks, shavers, radios, personal stereo’s, watches and calculators.
- Mobile phones, laptop computers, cordless power tools, toys and household appliances batteries.
- Used for hearing aids, pacemakers and photographic equipment.
** Furniture and household goods can be donated to Blythswood Care by using the separate containers on site. Visit their website for further information about the work they do or contacting them on 01349 830777.
*** Only bottles identified with a small triangle containing the number 1 or 2 will be accepted. Type 1 bottles (PET) are mainly used for fizzy drinks and Type 2 (HDPE) are used for milk and detergents.
**** A maximum of two tyres.
***** Any electrical item with a plug attached, or items operated by a battery. This includes everything from small items such as hairdryers, DVD players and battery operated toys to large items such as fridges, freezers, washing machines and televisions.