/ Home / Business Information / Construction, Property and Estates / Asbestos Register
Asbestos Register for Highland Council (Non-Housing) Properties
Please contact Stuart Duncan, Property Risk Management Officer - Tel: 01463 702239 with further information, notification of register additions or alterations.
Housing and Property maintain a register of "Non-Housing" properties which have received Asbestos Management surveys to record known or suspected locations of asbestos.
The following points should be noted
- Where specific properties have had an asbestos survey, the location, condition and monitoring requirements for positively identified asbestos will be stated.
- Where knowledge is available on suspected asbestos locations, those properties will be stated with known and presumed information.
- Where a property is not listed in the register, this does not mean that it does not contain asbestos, only that a survey had not been carried out or that no known information on suspected asbestos is available.
- Asbestos may not be restricted to locations listed in the register (there may well be other locations which are outwith the scope of a management survey).
- Refurbishment surveys will be carried out ahead of construction works.
This asbestos register should be used in conjunction with risk assessment and management procedures before any works liable to disturb building fabric or services are instructed.
Details of Asbestos Management Planning roles are provided under Current Documents.