/ Home / Business Information / Energy and Sustainability
Energy and Sustainability
Energy and Sustainability Section is part of Housing and Property Service and is based at Inverness Castle. The section aims to make the Highland Council a more sustainable and energy efficient organisation thereby reducing its energy costs, carbon emissions and impact on the environment.
Energy and Sustainability:
- Provide a range of energy, carbon and sustainability management activities to support strategic reporting and planning
- Monitor and report on energy use and carbon emissions from Council properties
- Complete energy audits and identify and evaluate potential low carbon improvement opportunities including energy efficiency upgrades the use of efficient building energy systems and renewable energy technologies
- Maintain the Council’s housing stock energy database
- Procure and manage the provision of ‘Energy Performance Certificates’ for Council buildings and Council housing
- Research and secure external sources of funding for implementing energy efficiency, low carbon or sustainable measures.
- Provide energy efficiency advice and training to
- Council tenants
- Council employees
- Schools and children
- First point of contact for Highland Schools in their work towards Eco-schools status.
Please click on any of the links above for further information. Should you wish to make an enquiry, please contact us.
Please also see our newsletter which gives information on our activities.