/ Home / Business Information / Licensing / Liquor Licensing / Highland Local Licensing Forum
The Highland Local Licensing Forum
The Highland Council has established a Licensing Forum for the Highlands -under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005.
The Forum will meet, in public, at least four times a year throughout the Highlands. Representatives of the Forum are made up from:
- Holders of premises licences and personal licences
- A Licensing Standards Officer
- Local Police
- Representatives from Social Work and Education
- Representatives from The Highland Drugs Alcohol Action Team
- A local student representative
- Representatives from Highland Community Councils
The general function of the Forum is to review and advise -
keeping under review the operation of the Act within its area and the exercise of the Licensing Board of its functions; and giving advice and making recommendations to the Board, as it considers appropriate.
The Licensing Forum is independent of the Licensing Board and will ensure its independence from either the Licensing Board or any other interest groups.
Licensing Forum Members:
Application to join Forum:
Code of Conduct:
Contact Details: Fiona Sinclair, Legal Adviser to the Forum, Highland Council, Government Buildings, Girnigoe Street, Wick, KW1 4HW.