/ Home / Business Information / Non Domestic Rates / Payment of rates
Payment of rates
By Direct Debit
This is the easiest and most convenient way to pay your Non Domestic Rates. To set up a Direct Debit please telephone us on 01463 702984. We are open Monday to Friday from 9am until 5pm. Remember to have your bank account number, sort code and name(s) of the account holders to hand and we will do the rest. Alternatively, you can complete the form enclosed with your Non Domestic Rates bill or download a Non Domestic Rates direct debit mandate by clicking here. Direct Debit Mandate
Our full range of Direct Debit payment options is as follows:
- Lump sum payment on 1st October;
- Instalments on 1st August and 1st November; or
- 10 monthly instalments ending in February on 1st, 15th or 28th of the month.
Those that pay by Direct Debit receive a bill showing amounts which we will collect from their account safe in the knowledge that a set amount will be collected each period. You give us your bank details only once and every year we will ensure that the correct amount is collected from your bank.
Once your Non Domestic Rates are paid in full, please do not cancel your Direct Debit instruction with your bank as the Council will not debit your account until the following financial year.
You can also pay your Non Domestic Rates at Post Offices and more than 300 outlets throughout the Highlands which are displaying PayPoint and Payzone logos. Your chosen outlet will be able to advise whether they accept payment by cheque. Please take your bar coded Non Domestic Rates bill with you when making payment.
You may also pay your Non Domestic Rates by using one of the following payment methods:
- Debit or Credit Card via our Online Payments; in person at a Service Point; or by telephoning our Customer Services Centre on 0845 602 4232. Credit card payments are subject to a 2% surcharge.
- Tele-Banking; Standing Order; Bank Credit Transfer.
- Directly into the Council's Rates account by BACS or CHAPS
(Please contact our Non Domestic Rates Team on 01463 702984 or email@example.com for bank details)
When making payments, remember to always quote your non domestic rates payment reference number which is detailed on your bill.