/ Home / Health and Social Care / Health and Social Care Offices / Raigmore Hospital Team
Raigmore Hospital Team
Social Work Services based at Raigmore Hospital provide a Social Work Service to patients, their relatives or carers, who are experiencing the effects of illness and/or disability.
Hospital based Social Workers are employed by the Highland Council.
The office is based in the Out Patients Department and is open from 9.00am until 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Outwith these hours, referrals of an urgent or emergency nature can be referred to the Emergency Services Co-ordinator, Tel: 0845 7697284.
Social Work Services aim to:-
- Provide practical and emotional support to individuals who may be experiencing the effects of illness and/or disability.
- As part of the multi-disciplinary approach to patient care, work with other disciplines in order to achieve and ensure the best possible care for each individual in hospital and on discharge.
The Social Workers offer a service to units within the General Hospital and also provide support to the RNI Community Hospital, Inverness
Social Workers based in hospital may be able to provide, or access a range of services which include:-
- Alcohol and addiction services
- Assessment of an individual’s social situation
- Childrens’ Services
- Family Support
- Care Management
- Carer Support - To ensure that families and carers have necessary support to care for dependent members
- Counselling - Providing emotional support to individuals at times of crisis
- Assisting individuals to adjust to the effect of illness/disability and the loss and change which may be experienced e.g. Bereavement, termination of pregnancy, adoption
- Discharge Planning
- Financial Advice
- Home Care
- Highland Helpcall
- Day Care
- Respite Care
- Residential and Nursing Home Care provision
- Referral to other services - eg: Housing, Benefits Agency
- Liaison with Voluntary Organisations, self-help groups and specialist charities
- Liaison with Community based Social Work Colleagues
- Mental Health Services - Mental Health Officers undertake duties in accordance with the Mental Health legislation.
If you require a service an assessment of need may be completed. Services required will be detailed in a Care Plan.
Leaflets explaining in detail the assessment process for Single Shared Assessment, Free Personal & Nursing Care and arranging alternative care arrangements can be provided.
Any complaints about the services will be dealt with in accordance with the Complaints Procedures of The Highland Council. In the first instance, complaints should be addressed to -
Social Work Services
Tel: 01463 704204
Back to Top