Self Directed Support (SDS) is a flexible way of providing Social Care Services. It enables you to:
- Have more choice and flexibility.
- Have money to buy your own services.
- Choose services to suit/improve your lifestyle.
- Manage your own support.
An individual budget is agreed with you by assessing your needs and preferences. The Highland Health and Social Care Partnership will give you an assessment. The person managing your care or your carers will also get the chance to offer their ideas and opinions as part of the assessment. Your Lead Professional will then give you an indication of the amount of money available for your support. The assessment will look at your needs and what support you already have.
You will then create a support plan by describing how you would like to live your life. This plan details the specific goals or outcomes you would like to achieve with the support provided through Self Directed Support. Your plan will answer questions like:
- How will your arrange your support?
- How will you spend your money?
- How will you manage your support?
- How will you stay in control?
- What will you do next?
Your identified Lead Professional has to agree your plan before your individual budget can be considered for approval.
Your plan might involve you receiving your support via:
- A direct payment from the Highland Health and Social Care Partnership
- The Highland Health and Social Care Partnership arranging your care or support for you
- Working with a care provider to manage your budget for you
- A combination of the above.
You can spend your budget as you wish, providing it is legal and follows your agreed support plan. This gives you control over how, when and where your support is provided. Every three months you will need to tell us about how you spent the money to achieve your goals.
You will meet with your care manager or social worker at least once a year to update your plan. Your care manager or social worker needs to know how your plan is working and how you are spending the money.
If you or someone you know would benefit from Self Directed Support contact us on: 01463 703424 or email email@example.com
How much will I get in my individual budget?
The size of your individual budget will depend on how much support you need to live your life in the way described in your support plan.
Go To Top