Licence - explosives

Apply for an explosives licence

Before you start

You will need:

  • Credit or debit card
  • Reminder letter
  • Premises or licence number
  • Guidelines

Renew your current registration or licence

Registered Firearms Dealers

You must now apply to Police Scotland to renew an existing licence.

Please read our guidance on the new law for the Storage of Explosives, fireworks and other pyrotechnics.

Please contact us below to obtain a new licence. Trading Standards fees and charges.

Products covered

  • Fireworks, including what are sometimes referred to as toy fireworks:
    • Caps
    • Cracker snaps
    • Novelty matches
    • Party poppers
    • Sparklers
    • Throwdown
    • Rockets
    • Roman candles
    • Fountains
  • Marine distress pyrotechnics
  • Theatrical pyrotechnics
  • Shotgun cartridges
  • Pyrotechnic based bird scarers, automotive air bag inflators and seat belt tensioners


Is there anything wrong with this page?