Entertainment licences

Public entertainment licence

New Rules on Occasional Licences and Public Entertainment Licences with effect from 1 November 2016.

Public Entertainment – Extension of Licensing Resolution

The Highland Licensing Committee have agreed to vary its existing resolution relating to the activities which are licensed under public entertainment. Read the advert which details changes.

These changes will take effect from 1 January 2017 and we will consider applications for licences for any of the new activities from 3 March 2016.

A public entertainment licence will be required for the use of premises, including the use of land, where the public pay to use facilities for any of the following circumstances:

  • Premises used for exhibitions
  • Concerts
  • Fairgrounds
  • Sun tanning premises
  • Premises used for health and fitness activities, including gymnasia and saunas

Before you start

You will need:

  • Credit or debit card
  • A site plan at a scale of 1-500 showing all of the relevant details listed in guidance note 3.1
  • Floor plans of all buildings, including temporary structures, to which the public have access with a floor area in excess of 30 m2 (at a scale of 1-50, showing the relevant details listed in guidance note 3.1)
  • Health and safety statement and risk assessment
  • A copy of public liability insurance certificate (minimum £5m indemnity)
  • Electrical mechanical or gas certificates (if applicable)
  • Structural design certificate (if applicable)
  • Event Management Plan Template (Para. 3.2 of Public Entertainment Guidance Notes refers)
  • Certification pack - This pack contains details of all the information and technical certification that may require to be submitted in relation to Public Entertainment Event. This will vary significantly depending on the nature and size of your event.

Apply for a licence

Is there anything wrong with this page?