Exporting goods outside the European Union

Free trade within the European Union enables trade of food and drink products between European Community countries without the need for an export certificate. However, if you wish to export these goods to countries outside the European Union you will often require an export certificate. These certificates are issued to satisfy the particular requirements of each importing country.

Your Importing Agent, the Importing Country’s Embassy or the Importing Country’s Food Safety Authority should be contacted. This is because they may be able to supply you with details and any format required for the certificate. We can provide a standard certificate but it is your responsibility to check if this meets the importing country's requirements.

A charge is made for this service depending on the consignment weight of the shipment.

If this is a new proposal, please contact Environmental Health to discuss the proposals before making an application.

Before you start

You will need:

  • Current certificate for uploading to us (if renewing)
  • Credit or debit card
Apply for export certificates


Is there anything wrong with this page?