Tasks and responsibilities
The remit of the Resources Committee includes all matters relating to the:
- Management and arrangement of the financial affairs of the council
- Management of arrangements for corporate development including business change to support corporate improvement and efficiency
- Management of arrangements for information and communications echnology services and partnerships supporting the delivery of effective and efficient service delivery
- Management of arrangements for customer services including the service point network, service centre and digital service delivery through our website and other channels
- Management of policy relating to the management, engagement, development and health, safety and wellbeing of employees
- Management arrangements for corporate performance reporting and self assessment
- Management of legal and democratic services to support effective corporate governance
- To carry out the functions of the council as the statutory authority in relation to weights and measures and consumer safety
- To carry out the functions of the council in delivering services relating to trading standards, consumer protection and consumer advice
- Consideration of corporate policies not listed within the remit of the council or other committees
- Other general business relating to the effective operation of the council and not covered by other committees.
Further details of the terms of reference and the powers and duties delegated to the committee are set out in our Scheme of Delegation.