Keppoch Road, Culloden, Inverness-shire IV2 7JZ
Tel: 01463 790851
Fax: 01463 790061
School day for pupils: Monday to Friday 08.40 to 15.20
Headteacher: Mr Iain Grandison (Acting)
School roll is currently 1099. The school is architecturally superior to most schools of its age and sits in excellent rural surroundings close to forest and moorland but within easy striking distance of Inverness town. The school has excellent facilities for learning and teaching and for most sports, including a superb swimming pool. The school is open to the public outwith school hours for most days of the year.
Associated Primary Schools:
- The school has a very extensive range of extra-curricular activities for all school years. Many pupils participate in teams and activities ranging from sports such as basketball, rugby, hockey, football. shinty, badminton, tennis, netball, volleyball, cycling, cross country running, orienteering, dance, as well as long distance mountain biking. We are host to Culloden Harriers, our community’s junior section athletics organisation. The music and drama department is very active with many plays and concerts held throughout the school year. A school Windband and a multi-age string orchestra (Culloden Strings), choirs for all levels, rock bands, ceilidh bands, percussion group, pipe band, and the "Madrigals" Acapella group all perform regularly and often in support of the school's adopted charities Clic Sargent and Riding for the Disabled.
- The school also supports Comic Relief, Sport Relief, Diabetes UK, Cancer Research UK, Highland Hospice and UNICEF on a regular basis.
- A major event of the school’s year is the annual Culloden Academy Highland Games which sees a huge range of cultural, sporting, musical and enterprising events taking place on the third Tuesday of June each year. The event is organised and run jointly by pupils, staff, parents and our business links in the community. The school has curricular, musical, language and sporting links with schools in Ireland, Canada, Spain and Sweden.
- Uniform/dress code: The school has a formal dress code/uniform and all pupils are expected to wear it on a daily basis. The uniform and school logo has been designed by pupils and is available for purchase at the school.
- IT facilities: An advanced and stable curricular network extends throughout the school allowing top of the range ICT facilities to pupils and teachers in most classrooms and in ICT suites throughout the school. The school's sound system installed recently in our 350 seater theatre and is probably the best of any school in Scotland.
- What makes our school different? The school is very welcoming and is a lively and energetic place to learn and achieve. Achievement, as well as academic attainment, is valued and celebrated for all pupils.