Main Street, Newtonmore, Inverness-shire, PH20 1DN
Tel: 01540 673252
School Web Address: www.newtonmore.com/
School day for pupils:
P1, 2 and 3 - Monday to Friday 09.00 to 14.45
P4, 5, 6 and 7 - Monday to Friday 09.00 to 15.00
Head Teacher: Ms Jan Filshie - Acting (Cluster with Dalwhinnie Primary)
The school is situated in the middle of Newtonmore and was completely modernised in 1991.
The building offers spacious accommodation of a very high standard with a tarred and paved play area and an enclosed grass playing area to the rear. The school hall and general purposes room offer multi-purpose areas for the school and community.
Newtonmore Primary School provides a broad and varied curriculum in both English and Gaelic Medium and offers all pupils opportunities to become successful learners, confident individuals, effective contributors and responsible citizens and promotes class, group and individual learning. It is part of a cluster group with Dalwhinnie Primary School where the Head Teacher has the management responsibility for two schools.
There are currently 3 English Medium and 2 Gaelic Medium classes with both a Gaelic and English Nursery.
Associated Secondary School:
- Newtonmore Primary plays an important role in the community and key features include:
- Opportunities to combine with Dalwhinnie Primary for sporting, musical, cultural and social events as part of the current cluster arrangement.
- Pupils in Pr 6/7 get the opportunity to participate in an annual ski programe and residential trip in Pr7 along with the other small schools in Badenoch.
- The school works very closely with Kingussie High School and a comprehensive transition programme is in place.
- A strong partnership between home, school and the wider community
- Out of School Club
- Specialist teachers for Music, Art and PE
- Violin and chanter tuition available