Rhynie Road, Hill of Fearn, IV20 1SU
Tel: 01862 832257
School Web address: http://www.hillfearn.highland.sch.uk/
School day for pupils:
P1, 2 and 3 - Monday to Friday 09.00 to 14.30
P4, 5, 6 and 7 - Monday to Friday 09.00 to 15.00
Headteacher: Ms Eileen Henderson (Cluster with Tarbat Old Primary School)
Hill of Fearn Primary School provides its pupils with a stimulating learning environment which is supported by an ethos of encouraging achievement and celebrating success. We actively promote partnership between home, school and the wider community. The school is part of a cluster, the Head Teacher being shared between Hill of Fearn and Tarbat Old Primary School in Portmahomack a few miles towards the coast. This means there is no class committed Head Teacher so your child should have continuity and minimal disruption. There are presently 3 mainstream classes in the school (P1/2, P3/4 and P5/6/7) with all pupils’ additional needs being supported by teachers and additional support needs auxiliaries. There are currently 57 pupils in P1-7 and the school has 3 teaching staff.
Associated Secondary School:
Hill of Fearn Primary plays an important role in the community and key features include:
- Partner Centre pre School Education.
- After school and lunchtime activities.
- Breakfast Club.
- Access to the swimming pool at Tain Royal Academy for two terms during each session. Lessons are available during these times for P4 and P5 plus any non swimmers in P6 and P7.
- Links with local groups e.g. toddlers and Over 60s.
- Links with neighbouring school, Tarbat Old Primary as the Head Teacher is a cluster Head Teacher and is therefore non class committed. She spends equal time (0.5 FTE) in both schools.