Achiltibuie, by Ullapool, Ross-shire, IV26 2YG
Telephone: 01854 622267
School day for pupils:
Monday to Friday 09.20 to 15.35
Headteacher: Angela MacLeod, Associate Head Teacher (cluster with Stoer Primary School)
Situated in a remote, coastal, crofting community 25 miles North West of Ullapool, our school provides a friendly, hard-working and stimulating environment where children, their parents and members of the community feel welcome and valued. This ethos, combined with a wide ranging curriculum delivered by dedicated staff helps the children develop into confident individuals and successful learners.
There are two classes in the school; P1-4 and P5-7 with a total roll at present of 19 pupils. There are two full-time class teachers and several support staff as well as a canteen on the premises serving hot meals each day. We are fortunate to have an Art specialist who comes one morning per week and to have visits from the Active Schools Co-ordinator to promote extra-curricular activities. All pupils enjoy a block of swimming lessons every year.
This school has recently been refurbished to create the nursery and improvements have been made to classrooms, toilets, a new staff area and the exterior. The nursery has an opening roll of two pupils. The Early Years Principal Teacher for our Associated School Group visits us regularly to support the nursery assistant in providing the Early Years Curriculum and active learning in the Early Years.
- Bi-annual residential trips for senior pupils; annual sailing lesssons for upper primary
- Instrumental Tuition during school and extra-curricular
- After school multi-sports/football training in the Community Village Hall
- Christmas Pantomime/Play; Annual Charity Concert & Open Day events; Art/Craft Show
- Joint Activities/Events with Associated Primaries and North West Cluster Schools
- Ranger Service/Community links for Eco Projects as well as using our local area
Associated Secondary School: