/ Home / Learning Here / Support for School Staff / Highland Learning and Teaching Toolkit
Highland Learning and Teaching Toolkit
The Highland Learning and Teaching Policy Toolkit is designed to offer teachers topics which can be the focus of practical development work.
It has grown out of the Highland Learning and Teaching Policy, which is founded on four Key Principles and describes Key Characteristics of good teaching. The policy document is included in the Toolkit.
The main body of the Toolkit comprises Issue Papers which all follow the same format:
- A definition of the issue under consideration
- A summary of points arising from research on the issue
- A Key Elements section which covers various aspects of the issue
- An invitation for teachers to reflect on the broad issue
- Some suggestions as to how teachers might explore specific elements of the issue in a practical sense
- A list of Selected References which may reward further reading
It is anticipated that the Toolkit will evolve over time. Future editions are likely to contain additional issues and current Issue Papers are likely to be amended in the light of comments from teachers. It is also anticipated that parents and pupils will contribute to on-going consideration of Learning and Teaching issues.
Please let us have comments on the Learning and Teaching papers (and any other ideas) so that the usefulness of this website can be improved.