/ Home / Leisure and Tourism / Libraries / Your local library / Charges
High Life Highland delivers community learning and leisure services including library and information services on behalf of The Highland Council.
- Joining the library is free and there is no charge for borrowing books, using the computers, accessing the internet or using reference materials.
- Books - free
- Children's audio books - free
- Audio books - £1 for 3 weeks
- Junior story tapes - free
- CDs, DVDs and videos - £1.75 for (rental period is 2 weeks)
- DVDs and videos in the 'pocket money' collection, specifically aimed at young children will be £1 for 2 weeks
- Items which are in Highland Libraries' stock - free
- Items which have to be borrowed from another library service using the Inter-Library Loans scheme - cost of return postage - maximum charge £10.00
- Renewal of items borrowed through the Inter-Library Loans scheme: first renewal free, subsequent renewals £3.00 each
- Photocopied articles obtained through the Inter-Library Loans scheme: £2.00 for up to 10 pages, then £0.10 per page
- A4 b&w photocopy - 10p each
- A3 b&w photocopy - 15p each
- A4 colour photocopy - 50p each
- A3 colour photocopy - £1.00 each
- Computer printout - 20p per page
- Microfilm or fiche copying - 75p per copy
- CD-R - 50p each.
- CD-RW - £1.50 each
- USB Memory sticks (2GB) - £8.99 each
- USB Memory sticks (4GB) - £10.95 each
- Outgoing (UK) - 1st page £1.50, subsequent pages £1 each
- Outgoing (International) - 1st page £2, subsequent pages £2 each
- Outgoing (FreeFax number) - 10p per page
- Incoming - 50p per page
- Publications and promotional items - retail price
- Withdrawn stock - see list of prices
- Books, audio books and CDs - 15p per day or opening session up to a maximum of £10 per item
- DVDs and videos - 50p per day or opening session up to a maximum of £10 per item
- There is no charge for the late return of children's and teenage materials and there are no overdue charges on books from the adult section where these are borrowed by people under 16 years.
- Customers aged 60+ are not charged for the late return of items
Lost library card:
- Replacement of lost computer-issue membership card - £2.50
Lost or damaged items:
- If the item is in print the full replacement cost is charged
- Please see the list of standard charges for items which are out of print
This list of charges can be downloaded as a document from the link on the right
Withdrawn items for sale
Click here for a list of charges for withdrawn library stock.