The Highland Council is a major partner in the Highland Tourism Partnership (HTP). This partnership brings together representatives of the Tourism Industry as well as all the main agencies involved in tourism in the Highland and Moray areas. Membership of the Area Tourism Partnership comprises:
- The Highland Council
- Moray Council
- Highlands & Islands Enterprise
- Scottish Natural Heritage
- Forestry Commission Scotland
- Cairngorms National Park Authority
- Scottish Tourism Alliance
- Federation of Small Businesses
- A further 6 tourism industry representatives drawn from the following destination organisations:-
- North Highland Initiative
- Wester Ross - the Celtic Fringe
- Destination Skye & Lochalsh
- Destination Loch Ness
- Outdoor Capital of the UK
- Cairngorms Business Partnership
Once approved at the following meeting, minutes of recent meetings of the HTP and any related papers are made available in the "Current documents" section. The next meeting will be held in spring 2014.
"Tourism Scotland 2020 - A strategy for leadership and growth", led by the tourism industry and supported by the public sector was launched by the Scottish Tourism Alliance in summer 2012. In recognition of the need to identify specific opportunities and set priorities to deliver this strategy at a regional level, an action plan is being produced by the Highland Area Tourism Partnership to outline the priorities and activities that will be undertaken to grow tourism in the Highland area between 2014 and 2020. This will be available from early spring 2014.
Further information about the Highland Tourism Partnership is aviailable from Colin Simpson, Highland Council's Tourism Co-ordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01463 702957.