As well as being a Visitor Centre, Seadrift is used as a base for
Highland Council Rangers. They manage a number of sites in the countryside and organise walks, wildlife watches and activities for schools. You can find us at the north end of Dunnet sands about 1mile from Dunnet village.
On offer are:
• Varied displays focusing on the plants, animals, birds and dolphins of the north.
• Hands-on activities for children.
• Magnificent views of wildlife and landscapes with opportunities to observe waders and other sea birds including the rare great northern diver and, on occasions, otters and dolphins.
• Access to coastal, beach and forest walks.
• Information provided by the Countryside Rangers on the natural heritage and archaeology of the area.
You can also download a Seadrift Visitor Centre leaflet or find out about coastal trails here.
May-June and September
(Mon,Tues,Wed,Fri and Sunday)
(Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri and Sunday)
Please note the centre is closed on Thursdays and Saturdays.
If you wish to join in a guided walk, bring your school or
community group, enjoy an illustrated talk or have a visit
from the Countryside Rangers then contact us:-
North Sutherland Countryside Ranger