/ Home / Living Here / Communities and Organisations / The Third Sector (Voluntary Organisations) / Funding and Assistance in Kind
Inverness Common Good Fund - Scheme of Winter Payments
The Council’s City of Inverness Area Committee has agreed to extend the qualification criteria for the winter payment scheme and also to offer a second one-off payment to those qualifying who may live in a home with poor insulation/heating. The one-off payment is £40 and the additional payment is £33.
Residents within the Wards of Aird and Loch Ness, Inverness West, Inverness Central, Inverness Ness-side, Inverness Millburn, Culloden and Ardersier and Inverness South are now invited to apply for a payment as soon as possible and not later than Friday 28th February 2014. Application forms (67kb pdf) are available from the Town House, Council HQ Reception, Local Service Points (Church Street & Hilton in Inverness Ardersier and Fort Augustus) as well as Libraries, Health and Social Care Offices, Citizens Advice Bureaux and Community Centres.
To qualify the applicant must be:
- aged 90 years or over on or before 28 February 2014
- received a Scottish Welfare Crisis Grant Payment between 1 December 2013 and 28 February 2014
Alternatively, to qualify the applicant must receive
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
OR be in receipt of one criteria from each of the following:
- Pension Credit Savings Credit
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Based Employment and Support Allowance/Incapacity
AND there must be a resident in property entitled to one of the following:
- Attendance Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance (middle or high rate care component)
- Personal Independence Payment (daily living component – standard or enhanced rate)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
- War Pension
In addition, applicants must be able to confirm that there are no residents in the household in receipt of a wage either now or in the last 6 months or with capital in excess of £6,000. Only one application per household will be accepted.
How to apply
Applications must be returned by 28th February 2014:
- You must provide proof of benefit entitlement
- Post or deliver to – The Highland Council, FREEPOST RRXJ-GGJX-CRYR (Winter Payment), Customer Income Maximisation Team, PO Box 5775, Inverness, IV1 9EN or
- Inverness Service Point, 21/23 Church Street, Inverness, IV1 1DY Tel – 01463 703999 or
- City Manager, Town House, Inverness, IV1 1JJ Tel – 01463 724368
All payments will be sent by cheque.
Inverness City Manager Town House
Tel: 01463 724368