/ Home / Living Here / Housing Information / Anti-social behaviour and neighbourhood / Anti-social behaviour team
Anti-social behaviour team
Specialist staff are employed to carry out investigations into cases of antisocial behaviour.
There are two Antisocial Behaviour Investigators who are based in local Housing & Property Teams. Their role is to :
- Investigate and progress antisocial behaviour cases efficiently, including a legal response where appropriate i.e applying for ASBOs.
- Keep complainants informed.
- Liaise with other agencies as required (e.g. Northern Constabulary, Victim Support).
- Monitor trends of antisocial behaviour and responses.
- Link with other relevant bodies such as Youth Action Teams to improve joint working in relation to anti social behaviour.
- Develop and implement measures such as Acceptable Behaviour Contracts or Unacceptable Behaviour Notices.
Relevant cases for investigation will be referred to the local Antisocial Behaviour Investigator by senior Housing Staff.
Cases of antisocial behaviour can be reported to your local Housing and Property office or if the incident is of a criminal nature it should be reported to the Police http://www.northern.police.uk/contact.html.
If you are the tenant of a housing association, you can also bring any cases to the attention of your landlord