Healthy Homes for Highland is an easy way for services and organisations to refer people for help and advice through one referral.
Anyone referred to Healthy Homes can get free advice and assistance with:
- Making their home warmer and ways to reduce their fuel bills which may lead to the installation of grant funded insulation, heating and other energy efficiency measures)
- Making their home safer through a Home Fire Safety Check (including free smoke alarms and removing trip hazards).
- Getting more income from tax credits and benefits and access to other entitlements.
- Debt counselling to deal with debts.
The referral scheme reaches vulnerable and hard-to-reach householders by working with agencies that have face to face contact with people. They can quickly and easily refer people for advice by using the simple referral card or helping the householder to call: 0808 808 2282.
Each card and call referral is co-ordinated by Home Energy Scotland who will put the the advice service asked for in touch with the householder so that help can be arranged.
If your organisation would like to know more, or join Healthy Homes or you need more referral cards or leaflets, please call the Support Team on 01463 259 745.
If you or someone you know would like to be referred for advice via Healthy Homes please call Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282
Alternatively you can complete the Healthy Homes Referral form.
The core partners are:
- The Highland Council,
- Highlands & Islands Fire & Rescue Service (HIFRS),
- Home Energy Scotland
- NHS Highland.
Citizens Advice Scotland, voluntary and third sector organisations are also involved.
If you want to contact your local CAB, please go to the CAS Website.
You can also get information on a wide range of topics including welfare benefits, tax credits and debt from the Citizens Advice site.
Alternatively, further information on benefits, grants and allowances is available from Highland Council.
Are money worries getting you down? Our Money Advice Team can offer you free, confidential, impartial help.
Are you claiming your Benefits and Entitlements? Our Customer Income Maximisation Team can offer you free, confidential, impartial help.