Minute of the Meeting of the Ross, Skye and Lochaber Licensing Committee held in the Council Chamber, Council Offices, High Street, Dingwall, on Tuesday 18th November 2008 at 11.00 am.
Mrs Margaret Paterson
Mr Craig Fraser
Mr Richard Greene
Mr Allan Henderson
Mrs Angela MacLean
Mr Brian Murphy
Mr Alaisdair H Mackenzie, Area Solicitor
Mrs Linda Hay, Licensing Officer
Mrs Angela Mair, Administrative Assistant
(In the Chair Mrs Margaret Paterson)
Declarations of Interest - None
1. Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were intimated on behalf of:
Mr David Alston, Mr Bren Gormley, Mr John Laing, Mr Drew Millar and Mrs Jean Urquhart
2. Confirmation of Minutes
There had been circulated for confirmation the Minute of the Meeting of the Ross, Skye and Lochaber Licensing Committee held on 21st October 2008.
3. Application for a House in Multiple Occupation Licence – Royal Hotel, Dingwall
There had been circulated Report No LCR/030/08 by the Area Solicitor relating to a House in Multiple Occupation Licence by the Royal Hotel, Dingwall.
Mrs Linda Hay advised the Committee that since the Report was written:
· The Fire Service had lifted their Enforcement Notice and now had no objection;
· TEC services had now responded that they had no objection, given that work was ongoing to make the premises comply and that this would be completed shortly;
· The Applicant had written to the Council listing the work carried out by him and amending his application from accommodating 47 persons to 36;
The Committee agreed to grant the application subject to the standard conditions and subject to the Applicant completing the outstanding work identified by TEC services.
4. Suspension of a Window Cleaner’s Licence
There had been circulated Report No LCR/031/08 by the Area Solicitor relating to a letter received from the Northern Constabulary about the holder of a Window Cleaner’s Licence and inviting the Committee to consider the suspension of the Licence under paragraph 12 of Schedule 1 of the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982.
The Committee agreed to suspend the Licence under paragraph 12 and to hold a Hearing at their next meeting to consider whether or not to suspend the Licence under paragraph 11 of the said Act.
There being no further business, the meeting concluded at 11.15 am.