A meeting of Inverness City Committee will take place in the Council Chamber, Town House, Inverness on Monday 9 August 2010 at 10.00am.
A note of the business to be transacted at the meeting is appended.
Inverness City Manager
(for the Assistant Chief Executive)
Declarations of Interest – Members are asked to consider whether they have an interest to declare in relation to any item on the agenda for this meeting. Any Member making a declaration of interest should indicate whether it is a financial or non-financial interest and include some information on the nature of the interest. Advice may be sought from Officers prior to the meeting taking place.
1. Apologies for Absence
2. Inverness City Vision – Progress Report
There is circulated Report No. ICC-27-10 dated 30th July by the Development Plans Manager, detailing the draft Inverness City Vision which has been previously discussed at Committee. It is proposed to consult on the draft City Vision in tandem with the Highland wide Local Development Plan.
The Committee is invited to recommend to the Planning Environment and Development Committee;
- that the Inverness City Vision draft document be approved; and
- that the Committee agree to the draft Inverness City Vision being made available for public consultation, in tandem with the Highland wide Local Development Plan.
3. Scotland’s Housing Expo – Update
The Head of Environment & Development will be present to give a short presentation updating Members on Scotland’s Housing Expo.
The Committee is invited to comment and note and otherwise note the presentation.
4. Inverness BID – Business Plan
The Inverness BID Manager will be in attendance to give a presentation on the objectives and projects which BID plan to focus on over the next 3 financial years, leading up to the next ballot in March 2013.
The Committee is invited to comment and otherwise note the proposals.
5. Inshes District Park Development Programme
There is circulated a Report No. ICC-28-10 dated 29th July by the Director of Transport Environment and Community Services, summarising the current position regarding funding and progress on the project.
The Committee is invited to note:
- The progress in relation to delivering Phase 1 of the Inshes District Park; and
- That future reports will be submitted to the Inverness City Committee in relation to progress on the Phase 1 works and subsequent Phases.
6. City – Major Events
There is circulated Report No. ICC-29-10 dated 21st July by the Inverness City Manager, briefing Members on the approach taken by the Council in respect to managing its responsibilities regarding major events, the general economic impact and the overall outcome of these events.
The Committee is invited to note:
- The consistent increase year on year, in the number and type of events being held in the City Wards; and
- The focus the Council and its partners have in delivering safe events which concentrate on bringing economic benefits to the Community and which take account of the pressures they can also bring.
7. Inverness Common Good Fund
7.1 Grant Street Park
The Committee is asked to resolve in terms of Section 50A(4) of the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1973 that public be excluded from the meeting for Item 7.1 (only if the Committee wishes to consider items contained in Appendix 2) on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Paragraph 6 and 9 of Part 1 of Schedule 7A of the Act.
There is circulated a Joint Report No. ICC-30-10 by the Inverness City Manager and the Head of Housing and Development and Estates updating the Committee on the following
- Proposal to lease Grant Street Park to Clachnacuddin FC (the Club) to ensure the future of the football club and to
- Re-establish an income stream for the Common Good
With a recommendation that the rent be discounted to a sum of £7,000 per annum
The Committee is invited to;
- Agree (noting the competent levels of Community Benefit) to lease Grant Street Park to Clachnacuddin Football club at a reduced level of rent (subject to the conclusion of a Service Level agreement in terms suitable to the Council) at a Rent of £7,000 per annum; and
- Note that the City Manager will continue to liaise with the Provost and Councillor Kerr on progress with a further report being made to the next appropriate meeting of the City Committee giving an update on progress.
7.2 Riverside Upgrade
There is circulated Report No. ICC-31-10 dated 19th July by the Inverness City Manager updating Members on the removal of the tree light garlands from the riverside trees along with improvements to the amenity, and seeks approval regarding their replacement.
The Committee is invited to:
- note the removal of the tree light garlands from the riverside trees; and
- agree to provide £62,000 from the balances of the 2010/11 revenue account of the Inverness Common Good Fund to replace them.
7.3 Town Twinning – Report on St. Valery Trip
There is circulated Report No. ICC-32-10 dated 7th July by the Inverness City Manager on the Provost’s visit to St Valery en Caux and participation in the commemorative events relating to the 70th anniversary of the Allied surrender in June 1940.
The Committee is invited to note:
- the recent activity in relation to Town Twinning engagements with St Valery en Caux; and
- the proposals regarding the 30th anniversary celebration between Inverness and La Baule in 2011.
7.4 Inverness Common Good Fund: Revenue Monitoring Statement 2010/11
There is circulated Report No. ICC-33-10 dated 29th by the Inverness City Manager setting out the revenue monitoring position for the period to 30 June and showing the actual expenditure to date.
The Committee is invited to note the contents of this report.
7.5 Donations Working Group – Applications for Funding in excess of £5,000
The Committee is asked to resolve in terms of Section 50A(4) of the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1973 that public be excluded from the meeting for Item 7.5 (only if it wishes to consider items contained in Booklet B) on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Paragraph 4, 6, and 9 of Part 1 of Schedule 7A of the Act.
There is circulated Report No.ICC-34-10 dated 27th July by the Inverness City Manager giving details of applications to the Donations Working Group for support from the City’s Common Good Fund where, if granted, the amount awarded would exceed £5,000.
The Committee is invited to give consideration to:
- Homologate the items in paragraph 3; and
- Give consideration to the above applications.
8. Proposed Inverness Local Holidays for 2011 and 2012
Monday 7th February
Monday 7th March
Monday 4th April
Monday 4th July
Monday 3rd October
Monday 7th November
Monday 6th February
Monday 5th March
Monday 2nd April
Monday 2nd July
Monday 1st October
Monday 5th November
The Committee is invited to agree the above dates as Local Holidays for the City of Inverness for years 2011 / 2012.
9.1 Inverness City Committee Minutes
There is circulated Minutes of the Inverness City Committee held on 7 June 2010 for information.
9.2 Investment Advisory Group Minutes
There is circulated Minutes of the Investment Advisory Group Minutes held on 21 May 2010 for approval.
9.3 Events and Festivals Working Group
There is circulated Minutes of the Events and Festivals Working Group on 22nd June 2010 for approval.