/ Home / Your Council / Committees / Ross, Skye and Lochaber Meetings / Ross and Cromarty Local Access Forum
Ross and Cromarty Local Access Forum
Remit | Sub-Groups | Meeting Dates | Membership | Contact
Section 25 of the Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003 placed a duty on each local authority to establish at least one local access forum for its area.
The Highland Council has established 6 Local Access Forums to advise the Council on access issues. The functions of a forum are to provide advice when requested to do so by the local authority and to provide assistance in any dispute resolution in relation to the exercise of access rights, the delineation and existence of rights of way and the drawing up of core paths plans.
The Ross and Cromarty Local Access Forum represents Wards 6 (excluding Lochalsh), 7, 8, 9 and 10.
Land Managers = 3
Access Users = 3
Community Groups = 3
Highland Councillors = 2
Total number of Forum Members = 11
Chair: Mr Robin Forrest (Access User)
- Dr Stewart Campbell (Community Group)
- Mr Robin Chalmers (Access User)
- Mr Norman Chisholm (Access User)
- Ms Marj Donaldson (Access User)
- Mr Fraser Fotheringham (Community Group)
- Mr Tom Forrest (Community Group)
- Mr John Mackenzie (Land Manager)
- Mr Archie MacLellan (Land Manager)
- Mr Hector Munro (Land Manager)
- Councillor Maxine Smith (Ward 7)
- Councillor Ian Cockburn (Ward 6)
For further information in relation to minutes and agendas contact Democratic Services or for further information in relation to access contact your local Access Officer.
Back to top