/ Home / Your Council / Committees / Ross, Skye and Lochaber Meetings / Skye and Lochalsh Local Access Forum
Skye and Lochalsh Local Access Forum
Remit | Sub-Groups | Meeting Dates | Membership | Contact
Section 25 of the Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003 placed a duty on each local authority to establish at least one local access forum for its area.
The Highland Council has established 6 Local Access Forums to advise the Council on access issues. The functions of a forum are to provide advice when requested to do so by the local authority and to provide assistance in any dispute resolution in relation to the exercise of access rights, the delineation and existence of rights of way and the drawing up of core paths plans.
The Skye and Lochalsh Local Access Forum represents Ward 6 (excluding Wester Ross) and 11.
Dates of Forum Meetings
- Friday 28 February 2014 (Tigh Na Sgire, Portree)
Land Managers = 2
Access Users = 4
Community Groups = 1
Agencies = 2
Highland Councillors = 2
Total number of Forum Members = 11
Chair: Mr Brian Linington (Access User)
- Mr Peter Elford (Access User)
- Mr William Fraser (Land Manager)
- Mr Colin Hutchings (Community Group)
- Mr Ally MacAskill (Land Manager)
- Ms Nicola Rust (Access User)
- Mr Stewart Sandison (Agency)
- Mr Bruce Taylor (Agency)
- Mr Jim Towers (Access User)
- Councillor Dr Audrey Sinclair (Ward 6)
- Councillor John Gordon (Ward 11)
For further information in relation to minutes and agendas contact Democratic Services or for further information in relation to access contact your local Access Officer.
Back to top