/ Home / Your Council / Elections / Scottish Parliament Elections
Statement of persons nominated and Notice of poll Skye, Lochaber and Badenoch Constituency
Scottish Parliament election - 5 May 2011
The following people have been or stand nominated for election to this constituency. Those who no longer stand nominated have a remark in the right hand column.
Constituency: Skye, Lochaber and Badenoch
||Description of candidate
||Reason why candidate no longer nominated|
||Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party
|Alan MacDonald MacRae
||Scottish Liberal Democrats
|Linda Ann Stewart
||Scottish Labour Party
||Scottish National Party (SNP)
Notice of poll and situation of polling stations
- An election is to be held on Thursday 5 May 2011 to elect a Constituency Member to the Scottish Parliament.
- The hours of poll will be from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. This poll will be combined with the poll for the referendum on the UK Parliamentary voting system in the Skye, Lochaber and Badenoch voting area.
- Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Moray House, 16-18 Bank Street, INVERNESS IV1 1QY by 5 p.m. on Thursday 14 April 2011
- Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Moray House, 16-18 Bank Street, INVERNESS IV1 1QY by 5 p.m. on Thursday 21 April 2011
- Applications to vote by proxy at this election applied for on grounds of physical incapacity, where that physical incapacity occurred after 5 p.m. on Thursday 21 April 2011, must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5 p.m. on 5 May 2011.
- The situation of polling stations and the description of persons entitled to vote there at are as follows:
Notice of poll and situation of polling stations (pdf 95 Kb)
Printed and published by the Constituency Returning Officer, Council Headquarters, Glenurquhart Road, INVERNESS IV3 5NX