Message from Councillor Dave Fallows
The Council's Budget Consultation 2012 is now closed. The consultation has run for the last three months and asked for views on where the Council can identify savings of £29.7m over the next two years.
I wanted to take the opportunity to thank everyone who has participated for their views, comments and input. There have been:
- 12 consultation events across Highland;
- Meetings with stakeholders such as Unions and Highland Youth Voice;
- Meetings with specific groups such as Sight Action and the Highland Users Group;
- Feedback via email, postal and online surveys;
- Comments on my Budget Blog;
- Survey distributed to the Citizens Panel of 2,300 residents.
All the comments have now been collated, analysed and considered by Members as part of the budget setting process. It was a valuable process and there was a considerable amount of feedback to consider.
In February, the Council agreed a package of savings for the next two years. We have produced a Budget Consultation Summary (422kb pdf) to help you understand these decisions. It includes the views gathered as part of the consultation and describes what the Council decided to do.
You can find the full analysis of the consultation responses below. The analysis has been organised into four separate reports which represent the four areas of the consultation:
The reports contain the analysis of both the Citizens’ Panel and general consultation feedback.
You can still view the consultation document (1064kb pdf) and the comments logged as part of the Budget Blog.
Councillor Dave Fallows, Chair Finance, Housing and Resources Committee