Road users in Inverness are advised that temporary road restrictions will be in place during certain times over the next few weeks when four key events take place in the city.
MALICE IN WONDERLAND
From 5pm to 9.30pm on Friday 29 and Saturday 30 October the following temporary traffic restriction will be in place during the Malice in Wonderland event which will take place on the Ness Islands.
• Ness Walk will be closed to northbound traffic between its junction with Ballifeary Lane and its con-junction with Bught Road. Southbound traffic will run as normal.
• Bught Road will be closed to Northbound traffic between its con-junction with Ness Walk and its junction with Bught Avenue. Sothbound traffic not affected.
• Bught Road will be closed between its junction with Bught Avenue and its access to Whin Park. Access for parking will be controlled by the event organisers.
BONFIRE AND FIREWORKS DISPLAY
The annual bonfire and fireworks display in the city will take place on Friday 5 November so from 6pm to 9pm a temporary one way traffic restriction will be on place on Bught Drive, Bught Avenue and a section of Bught Road. Traffic will also be unable to use sections of Bught Road and Ness Walk between the junction with Bught Avenue and the junction with Ballifeary Lane. Pedestrian access will be maintained and alternative routes for vehicles will be sign-posted.
People planning to attend the display are advised that parking near Bught Park will be reserved for Disabled Parking. There will be a limited number of spaces available at Charleston Academy or alternatively drivers can use the existing city centre car parks. Existing parking restrictions and charges will apply.
CHRISTMAS LIGHTS SWITCH ON
A ceremony to switch on the Christmas lights in the city will take place during the evening of Sunday 21 November so temporary traffic restrictions will be in place from 5pm to 6pm.
The following roads will be affected:
• Bridge street from its junction with Castle Road to its con-junction with the High Street;
• The High Street closed at its con-junction with Bridge Street to its con-junction with Castle Street;
• Castle Street closed at its con-junction with High Street to its junction with View Place;
• Castle Wynd closed to all traffic
These closures will affect all vehicles but access for pedestrians will be maintained. Alternative routes for vehicles will be sign-posted.
HIGHLAND SANTA SIX FUN RUN
On Sunday 5 December the annual Highland Santa Six Fun Run will take place in Inverness so from 12.15 to 3pm on the 5th December the following routes for vehicles will be temporarily closed:
• Bught Road will be closed at its junction with the access to Whin Park to its junction with Bught Avenue and its conjunction with Ness Walk Upper;
• Ness Walk Upper will be closed at its junction with Ballifeary Lane to its junction with Bishop’s Road;
• Castle Road will be closed to northbound traffic between its junction with Haugh Road and its junction with Bridge Street. Southbound traffic will run as normal;
• Ness Bank and Cavell Gardens Road will be closed to through traffic between its junction with Castle Road and its junction with Island Bank Road. Access to local properties will be via the junction with Castle Road.
Alternative routes for drivers will be available and sign-posted. Pedestrians and emergency vehicles will be able to use the roads as normal.