/ Home / Your Council / News / News Releases / 2011 / March
Golspie pupils have heart for local charity (22/03/11)
Pupils at Golspie High School have recently raised and donated £1,823.21 for the Golspie branch of the British Heart Foundation.
The monies were raised during an annual healthy living week from 21 to 25 February organised by the school’s PE department.
The week was packed with activities related to healthy living including:
- a Lands’ End to John O’ Groats indoor rowing challenge;
- ‘challenge a teacher’ table tennis competition;
- dissection of a heart in science;
- a focus on healthy food in the canteen; and
- ‘Wear it Red’ day on the Friday 25th February.
Wim Chalmet, PE teacher at Golspie High School said: “As February was National Heart Month the pupils raised money to help local people in need.”