/ Home / Your Council / News / News Releases / 2012 / February
Join the conversation on Planning for Integration (06/02/12)
People in the Highlands are invited to find out more about, and have an opportunity to have their say on the development of Planning for Integration of health, education and social care services in the area provided by NHS Highland and The Highland Council.
At eight public meetings in February and March, Jan Baird, Planning for Integration, Transitions Director will explain how, from 1 April 2012, staff are being brought together into integrated teams to work with children and families and with people who use community care services.
The public meetings will be held on:
- 16 February at 7pm - Chamber, Highland Council Offices, High Street, Dingwall;
- 21 February at 7pm - Duthac Centre, Shandwick Street, Tain;
- 23 February at 7pm - Mackays Hotel, Union Street, Wick;
- 27 February at 7pm - Cairngorm Hotel, Grampian Road, Aviemore;
- 5 March at 7pm - Tigh Na Sgire, Highland Council Offices, Portree;
- 8 March at 7pm - Highland Council Headquarters, Glenurquhart Road, Inverness;
- 13 March at 7pm - Macphail Centre, Mill Street, Ullapool; and
- 20 March at 7pm - Ben Nevis Hotel, North Road, Fort William.
The meetings are open to everyone and will aim to help people who use the services understand how the integrated NHS/Council teams can make decisions more quickly, allowing a more flexible and responsive service to users.
Updates on the development of planning for integration will be given at the public meetings which take place from 7pm to 9pm.
Jan Baird, Transitions Director said: “So far the development of plans for integration have been carried out in association with service users, carers, families, as well as NHS Highland and Highland Council employees delivering services throughout the area.
“We would like to hear the views of people who have not already been involved in the process in other ways, especially if they use, or look after someone who uses children and families or community care services.”
For further information about the development of planning for integration, or to submit questions in advance of the meeting; or make known any special requirements/needs to help take part, please telephone 01463 706751.
Planning for Integration meetings were previously held in Helmsdale on 30 November 2011 and Inverness Town House 1 December 2011. The Fort William meeting of 7 December 2011 which was postponed due to poor weather has been rescheduled to 20 March 2012 at the Ben Nevis Hotel.