/ Home / Your Council / News / News Releases / 2012 / February
City roads temporarily closed during half marathon (28/02/12)
The 2012 Inverness Half Marathon and Fun Run takes place on Sunday 11 March and the Council is advising drivers that temporary traffic restrictions will be in place in and around the city on this date.
The following routes will be affected:
• From 11.30 to 15.00 hours Castle Road will be closed to Northbound traffic only between its junction with Haugh Road and Bridge Street. Southbound traffic will run as normal.
• The B862 Fort Augustus to Inverness Road via Dores will be closed to northbound traffic at its junction with the Holm Road roundabout to its junction with the Ness Bank and Cavell Gardens Road from 11.30am to 3pm. Southbound traffic will run as normal.
• Bught Drive will be closed at its junction with Torvean Avenue to the con-junction with Bught Avenue between 13.15 and 15.30 hours.
• Bught Avenue will be closed to Westbound traffic at its con-junction with Bught Drive to its junction with Bught Road between 13.15 and 15.30 hours. Eastbound traffic will flow as normal.
• Bught Lane will be closed to Westbound traffic at the junction with Bught Avenue to the nearby roundabout from 13.15 to 15.30 hours. Eastbound traffic will not be affected.
• Bught Road will be closed to all Eastbound traffic from the access to Whin Park to its junction with Bught Avenue from 13.15 to 15.30 hours. Westbound traffic will flow as normal.
• Bught Road will also be closed to all traffic at its junction with Bught Avenue to its con-junction with Ness Walk Upper from 11.00 to 15.30 hours and Ness Walk Upper will also be closed from this point to its junction with Bishop’s Road for the same period of time.
Drivers should be aware that alternative routes will be available and clearly sign-posted. Pedestrian access and access for emergency vehicles will be maintained throughout the event.