/ Home / Your Council / News / News Releases / 2012 / October
Kessock Bridge - advance mitigation works starts 22 October (18/10/12)
Issued by ScotlandTranserv
The Kessock Bridge major improvement scheme starts on Monday 11th February 2013. The programme for the advance mitigation works prior to the main construction is as follows:
• Longman Roundabout Signalisation. This scheme starts on Monday 22nd October 2012 and is programmed to take 4 weeks with Lane closures as required.
• Signalisation of the Rose Street Roundabout begins on Sunday 28th October 2012, with an anticipated duration of 3 weeks. Also Lane closures but only when required.
• Construction of a right turn out of Henderson Road and into Longman Road (opening up the Central Reserve) starts on the 29th October 2012 with a programmed duration of 2 weeks.
• Signalisation of Henderson Road starts on 15th November 2012 with a programmed duration of 3 weeks.
• Clydesdale Bank Toucan Crossing Signal Works starts on the 25th November, 2012 with a 2 week installation period.
• Construction of the Stadium Road/Longman Roundabout left turn merge lane starts on the 7th January 2013 and is programmed to take 4 weeks.
Hours of work on all of the mitigation schemes will be 7pm to 7am. Every effort will be made to ensure that all road users experience the minimum of disruption to travel.
Motorists should allow extra time for their journeys and pay attention to any advisory signs which will be in place throughout the works. For real time journey planning information visit www.trafficscotland.org