/ Home / Your Council / News / News Releases / 2013 / February
First Inverness West District Partnership meeting (11/02/13)
Friday 22 February 2013 will see the inauguration of the new Inverness West District Partnership.
The multi-agency Partnership will meet in full for the first time as part of the new ground breaking arrangements under the Integrating Care in the Highlands partnership between The Highland Council and NHS Highland.
The agencies are leading the way in Scotland in overhauling the way key caring services are delivered. NHS Highland is the lead agency for adult services and the Council are the lead agency for children’s services.
The Inverness West District Partnership, one of 9 evolving in Highland, will consider issues relevant to a defined geographic and service delivery area covering both Integrated Children’s and Adult Services and is a key element of local engagement.
The Partnership's role and remit is to:
• consider issues raised in relation to local service delivery and ensure that these are addressed either by local management or referred to the relevant Chief Executives of the NHS Highland or Highland Council;
• identify key local issues and priorities in relation to the delivery of strategy and policy in services for children and adults;
• consider and comment on performance management and monitoring reports on children and adult services outcomes in the local area;
• consider the development and implementation of initiatives approved by the strategic governance structure;
• propose new developments and initiatives for the consideration of the strategic governance structure; and
• provide views on the redesign of local services, as appropriate
The Inverness West District Partnership geographically encompasses the associated school group (ASG) areas of: Charleston Academy, Glen Urquhart High School, Inverness High School and Kilchuimen Academy.
Partners will attend the inaugural meeting to agree the Chairperson for the District Partnership; confirm membership and the agenda; agree the terms of reference; and for future agenda items to be identified. The meeting will also include a 10 minute slot for public questions.
This meeting starts at 2pm in the Main Hall, Town House, Inverness to which the public is welcome to attend to observe the proceedings.
For further information please contact Ward Manager Charles Stephen on 01463 724246.