/ Home / Your Council / News / News Releases / 2013 / February
Inaugural meeting of Inverness East District Partnership (21/02/13)
The multi-agency Partnership will meet in full for the first time on Friday 1 March as part of the new ground-breaking arrangements under the Integrating Care in the Highlands partnership between The Highland Council and NHS Highland.
This meeting starts at 3pm in the Town Hall, Town House, Inverness. Members of the public are welcome to attend to observe proceedings of this and future meetings, which are to be held four times a year.
The agencies are leading the way in Scotland in overhauling the way key caring services are delivered. NHS Highland is the lead agency for adult services and the Council is the lead agency for children’s services.
The Inverness East District Partnership, one of nine evolving in Highland, will consider issues relevant to a defined geographic and service delivery area covering both Integrated Children’s and Adult Services and is a key element of local engagement.
The Partnership's remit is to:
- consider issues raised in relation to local service delivery and ensure that these are addressed either by local management or referred to the relevant Chief Executives of the NHS Highland or Highland Council;
- identify key local issues and priorities in relation to the delivery of strategy and policy in services for children and adults;
- consider and comment on performance management and monitoring reports on children and adult services outcomes in the local area;
- consider the development and implementation of initiatives approved by the strategic governance structure;
- propose new developments and initiatives for the consideration of the strategic governance structure; and
- provide views on the redesign of local services, as appropriate
The Inverness East District Partnership geographically encompasses the associated school group (ASG) areas of; Kilchuimen Academy, Inverness Royal Academy, Millburn Academy, Inverness High School and Culloden Academy.
Partners will attend the inaugural meeting to appoint the Chairperson, agree the terms of reference and to identify potential issues for future discussion.
For further information please contact Ward Manager Stewart Wardlaw on (01463) 724378.