This 1 day course focuses on raising awareness and understanding of Equal Opportunities and Diversity in employment and in delivering public services. The course is available to all Highland Council employees and Elected members.
This course is delivered in an informal workshop style that will encourage the discussion and exploration of issues and attitudes relating to equal opportunities and diversity. A variety of media will be used including group work and participation.
Also available for teams (6+ Staff) - Team Briefings in Equalities and Diversity and there is more training available to become "Understanding Disability" through our on-line e-learning package.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Recognise key equal opportunities legislation
- Understand the importance of equal opportunities and diversity in the
workplace and service delivery
- Understand Highland Council’s commitment to equal opportunities
and related policies
- Recognise types of discrimination in the workplace
- Understand the impact of stereotyping, prejudice and discrimination
and how they relate to the work environment
- Understand how to integrate equal opportunities into the day to
day work of their Service
- Recognise the value of different experiences of people in the
workplace and the importance of having a workforce that reflects our community.
Dates this course is running on -
29 Apr 2014
19 Jun 2014
19 Aug 2014
29 Oct 2014
8 Dec 2014
Learning and Development's intranet home page (http://ntintra1/tdtintra/default.htm) gives details of when this course is available, and also provides application forms for those employees and Elected Members wishing to attend this course.
Please note: To apply for any courses offered by Learning and Development permission from your line manager must be obtained.
Back to Equal Opportunity Courses