/ Home / Your Council / Your Services / Housing and Property Services
Housing and Property Services
Housing and Property is responsible for the management of all council owned buildings, comprising approximately 13,440 council houses and 689 non housing establishments.
The management of council housing involves:
- housing allocations
- building maintenance
- council house repairs
- equipment and adaptations in council houses
- the housing capital programme
- dealing with rent arrears
- rent enquiries
- tenancy matters
For the Council’s non housing buildings, it provides a property management, inspection, maintenance and risk management service.
It also delivers a range of services including:
- drawing up the Highland Housing Strategy
- developing and enabling affordable housing in Highland
- energy management, advice and sustainability - see "Related Information"
- provision of architectural and building engineering design and quantity surveying
- asset management and property acquisition, disposal, valuation and lease negotiation
- appointment and management of contractors and consultants for the Council’s capital and revenue projects
- tackling homelessness
- lead Service on Gypsy/Traveller matters
- lead Service on Antisocial Behaviour issues
The Service is also responsible for housing policies, the operation of the Scheme of Assistance and care and repair and the handyperson service.
For information on all housing related topics, go to Housing. For information on all other functions go to Construction, Property and Estates.