Action Notes - Ward Forum - Dingwall and Seaforth (Ward 9)
Meeting held on 7 August 2007
Present: Councillors, Angela MacLean (Chair), David Chisholm, Margaret Paterson, Peter Cairns, Dingwall Community Council, Nigel Greenwood, Ferintosh Community Council, Colin Craig, Maryburgh, Tom Gray, Superintendent John Darcy, Northern Constabulary, Bob Edwards, Rural and Community Transport Officer, Liz Cowie, Ward Manager, Dingwall and Seaforth.
Apologies: Conon Bridge Community Council, Alastair MacKintosh, Muir of Ord Community Council, Tom Davis, Maryburgh Community Council, Martin Slater.
Listed below is the action required as a result of the decisions/discussions taken by the Dingwall and Seaforth Ward Forum at their meeting held on 7th August 2007.
Item 3 – Public Consultation
3.1 Highland Licensing Board Policy Statement
Decision – Community Councils to consider and respond individually.
3.2 Highland Council Gaelic Language Plan
3.3 Review of Polling Districts and Polling Places 2007 – Dingwall and
Decision – Elections Manager to be advised that all polling stations listed are acceptable.
Action – Ward Manager to liaise with Elections Manager on how representation can be made to enable voters to cast votes at other polling stations (the example of voters having to vote in Culbokie Primary School due to boundary issues was used - when Conon Bridge Primary was closer).
Action – Members agreed to make representation on electoral boundaries.
Item 4 – Community Safety
Action - It was agreed to invite Lisa McKellaich, Road Safety Officer, to attend the next Forum to give a presentation on Road Safety for communities.
Action – Superintendent Darcy to seek budget clarification on community Safety from Police perspective.
Action – Issues raised over traffic management at Black isle Show. Superintendent Darcy to feed back points raised through Police de-brief.
Item 5 – Discretionary Budget
Item 6 – Public Transport and transport related issues
Action – Cllr. McLean to supply background information on Leanaig bus route. Issue then to be raised with Transerv.
Action – Transerv to be contacted about road quality at the Maryburgh roundabout.
Action – Ward Forum to write to the Scottish Executive regarding cycle tracks.
Action – Bob Edwards to take forward issues raised regarding bus routes, timings of services and timetables to the Stagecoach User Group. Also to take forward issue of confusion on destination displays on buses - and their numbering (25 and 25x).
Action – Ward Forum to progress issue of bus stop sites with the transport team.
Action – Details of Muir of Ord Dial-a-Bus initiative to be supplied by Bob Edwards.
Item 7 – AOCB
Decision – Following general discussion on planning issues generated by Colin Craig, Ferintosh Community Council, it was agreed that a Community Council specific planning training and briefing session be requested. Ward Manager to contact Richard Hartland, Head of Planning and Building Control.
Decision – It was agreed that the theme for the next Ward Forum would be Community Safety and that relevant Highland Council staff and representatives from other agencies be invited.