/ Home / Your Environment / Conservation / Archaeology
The Historic Environment Team (HET) identifies, protects, promotes and interprets the historic and archaeological heritage of the Scottish Highlands for the benefit of residents and visitors. We cover historic buildings, conservation areas, archaeological sites and the wider landscape in which these sit. We provide:
- The Highland Historic Environment Record (HER): a publicly accessible record of all known archaeological and historical sites in Highland.
- A professional consultation and advisory service for the Planning, Transport, and other Highland Council services; rural land-use schemes; public utilities and private developers.
- Liaison with heritage organisations and community outreach programmes.
- Highland Archaeology Festival: an annual festival celebrating the archaeology of the highlands.
- We co-ordinate Highland Doors Open Days, an annual Scotland-wide event which spotlights interesting buildings not normally open or fully accessible to the general public.
Further information about historic buildings and planning consent is available here.
Tel: 01463 702250 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit and "Like" the Highland HER on Facebook for regular news updates and to get involved!