Please be aware that any comments you submit (either online or on paper) will be published online along with your name. Signatures and other personal information will be blacked out.
How do I view a Planning Application?
All planning applications submitted since February 2010 are available to view online.
To find a planning application:-
- Use the simple application search on our ePlanning public access portal
- Enter your reference number or a keyword such as the street name or postcode
- Click search
- Select the application you are interested in
If your search returns a large number of results, or you want to search on a wider area/topic you can use the advanced planning application search to refine your search.
You can generate weekly lists of planning applications via the ePlanning public access portal or view a list of the latest or historic delegated decisions.
Major developments require a Pre Application Notice (PAN). A List of Proposal of Application Notices(153kb) is also available to view.
If you prefer, you can view current planning applications in your local Area Planning Office.
Any individual, group or organisation can make comments of objection or support for a planning application while it is open for consultation. Before you comment we recommend that you read our guide to commenting on a planning application.
To comment online, follow the steps below:
- Go to ePlanning
- Click 'Search>Planning>Simple search' and find the application you wish to comment on by typing in the reference number or a single line of an address
- Once you have found the application click 'Make a public comment'
When making comments, please be aware of the following:
1. Time-out when Making Comments
· Once you have clicked on the 'Make a public comment' button, the page only allows 10 minutes to complete and submit a comment and will time out after this time.
· To avoid any information being lost, we would recommend preparing your comment in advance on a Word document, then cut and paste it into the Comment section.
2. Planning Applications within the Cairngorms National Park Area
· Comments will be accepted by The Highland Council via Highland ePlanning Web Access until the Neighbour Notification period expires and all comments will be forwarded to the CNPA to deal with.
· If you try to make a comment on one of these applications after the Neighbour Notification period has expired, The Highland Council will be unable to receive your comment.
· Please Note - Applications may be 'called in' by the CNPA at any point between The Highland Council receiving it and the Neighbour Notification period expiring - If you are already aware that the application you would like to make a comment on has already been called in by the CNPA, please forward your comments directly to them at email@example.com.
- Enter your comments
- Click 'Submit'
You can also write to us with your comments. Please send your comments to the following address:
The Highland Council
Please include the following information with your letter:
- Your name and address
- The date
- The reference number of the application (if you know it)
- The address of the site
- Your comments (please read our guidance to make sure your comments are ‘material planning considerations’).