/ Home / Your Environment / Sustainable Development
The Highland Council Climate Change team is based within the Policy and Performance unit of the Chief Executive's Service. They have a corporate role to ensure that legislation is met and progress is monitored and reported. They are responsible for preparing policies, plans and strategies in relation to Climate Change mitigation and adaptation and to work with partner organisations and communities across highland to encourage them to take action.
The Climate Change team is responsible for:
- Monitoring the Council's internal environmental performance - ensuring that targets set out in Climate Change (Scotland) Act 2009 are met.
- Reporting progress to various Committees (Finance, Housing & Resources Committee ) and to the Scottish Government.
- Working with communities and organisations to promote action within the region through the Highland Environment Network.
- Working with partner organisations through the Highland Environment Forum
- Communication and behavioural change
The Climate Change team work closely with other departments in the Council. Please contact the following departments for relevant queries:
General information is available on the links to the right of the page or can be obtained by contacting:
Policy Officer - Climate Change
The Highland Council,
address Street Glenurquhart Road,
Inverness, IV3 5NX
telephone: 01463 702543