Monday to Saturday 8.15am – 3.45pm
Isle of Skye
- Batteries - all household batteries*
- Car batteries
- Engine oil
- Fluorescent light tubes, standard & energy efficient light bulbs
- Fridges & Freezers
- Gas cylinders
- Garden waste
- Glass bottles & Jars
- Handbags & Shoes
- Monitors & TVs
- Plastic bottles**
- Rubble & soil
- Scrap metal
- WEEE - Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment****
- White goods
* These include re-chargeable, non-rechargeable and battery packs from electronic and electrical equipment. It doesn’t matter if they are full, completely discharged or only part used. We accept -
- Single cell household batteries, such as AA, AAA, button and ‘square’ batteries used for items such as torches, clocks, shavers, radios, personal stereo’s, watches and calculators.
- Mobile phones, laptop computers, cordless power tools, toys and household appliances batteries.
- Used for hearing aids, pacemakers and photographic equipment.
** Only bottles identified with a small triangle containing the number 1 or 2 will be accepted. Type 1 bottles (PET) are mainly used for fizzy drinks and Type 2 (HDPE) are used for milk and detergents.
*** A maximum of two tyres.
**** Any electrical item with a plug attached, or items operated by a battery. This includes everything from small items such as hairdryers, DVD players and battery operated toys to large items such as fridges, freezers, washing machines and televisions.
Please note that no commercial waste will be accepted at this site.