Tuesday to Friday 10.00am - 5.00pm
Saturday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Please note that the site will be closed for lunch from 2.00pm - 2.30pm daily
Tain Recycling Centre
Unit 6 Blarlaith Industrial Estate
- Batteries - all household batteries*
- Car batteries
- Cooking oil (vegetable oil only please)
- Engine oil
- Fluorescent light tubes, standard & energy efficient light bulbs
- Fridges & Freezers
- Garden waste
- Gas cylinders
- Glass bottles & Jars
- Handbags & Shoes
- Monitors & TVs
- Plastic bottles**
- Rubble & Soil
- Scrap metal
- WEEE - Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment****
- White goods
* These include re-chargeable, non-rechargeable and battery packs from electronic and electrical equipment. It doesn’t matter if they are full, completely discharged or only part used. We accept -
- Single cell household batteries, such as AA, AAA, button and ‘square’ batteries used for items such as torches, clocks, shavers, radios, personal stereo’s, watches and calculators.
- Mobile phones, laptop computers, cordless power tools, toys and household appliances batteries.
- Used for hearing aids, pacemakers and photographic equipment.
** Only bottles identified with a small triangle containing the number 1 or 2 will be accepted. Type 1 bottles (PET) are mainly used for fizzy drinks and Type 2 (HDPE) are used for milk and detergents.
*** A maximum of two tyres.
**** Any electrical item with a plug attached, or items operated by a battery. This includes everything from small items such as hairdryers, DVD players and battery operated toys to large items such as fridges, freezers, washing machines and televisions.