Fuel Support for Highland households
Do you need help paying fuel costs for your home?
Low income households within Highland experiencing fuel insecurities can apply for a non-repayable £60 grant.
What is the purpose of this fund?
The Scottish Government has made funding available to local authorities to support people experiencing financial hardship over the Winter period as a result of COVID-19 including providing a contribution towards your fuel costs.
The Council has introduced this fund for households in Highland who are struggling to pay their fuel bills during the current COVID-19 pandemic. This is a limited fund which will not extend beyond 28 February 2021.
The following criteria will apply:
- After paying your rent / mortgage, you are spending more than 10% of your remaining income on fuel for your home (for example: oil, gas, electricity, coal, wood, biomass etc), and;
- You have entitlement to Council Tax Reduction (CTR)
If you are not in receipt of Council Tax Reduction
We may still be able to help if you:
- Are on a low income, and;
- Have less than £16000 of capital (savings, shares, property other than your main home); or
- Have no recourse to public funds.
We reserve the right to request further evidence in order to establish the individual circumstances of your household.