Fuel Support for Highland households
Do you need help paying fuel costs for your home?
Low income households within Highland experiencing fuel insecurities can apply for a non-repayable grant of £180 ( £60 for February 2021, £60 for March 2021 and £60 for April 2021)
What is the purpose of this fund?
The Scottish Government has made funding available to local authorities to support people experiencing financial hardship over the Winter period as a result of COVID-19 including providing a contribution towards your fuel costs.
We have introduced this fund for households in Highland who are struggling to pay their fuel bills during the current COVID-19 pandemic. This is a limited fund which has been extended to 30 April 2021.
The following criteria will apply:
- After paying your rent / mortgage, you are spending more than 10% of your remaining income on fuel for your home (for example: oil, gas, electricity, coal, wood, biomass etc), and;
- You have entitlement to Council Tax Reduction (CTR)
If you are not in receipt of Council Tax Reduction
We may still be able to help if you:
- Are on a low income, and;
- Have less than £16000 of capital (savings, shares, property other than your main home); or
- Have no recourse to public funds.
We reserve the right to request further evidence in order to establish the individual circumstances of your household.