What you can put in your bins
Blue recycling bin
25 October - 1 November is National Recycling Week- find out what you can do.
Please place all items loose in the bin - do not put them inside bags. Items must be clean, dry and loose. Please remove lids.
We now take:
- Plastic pots, tubs and trays
- Plastic bottle lids
- Metal lids from jars and bottles
- Food tins and drinks cans (rinsed)
- Plastic bottles (for example, fizzy drink bottles, milk bottles, water bottles, detergent bottles - please remove lids and put them in the blue bin separately)
- Aerosol cans (empty)
- Cardboard based food and drink cartons, for example, TetraPaks - please put the lids in separately
- Envelopes (with plastic windows removed)
Do NOT put these in your blue bin
- Aluminium food trays or foil
- Bagged materials
- Black plastic tubs, pots or trays
- Bubble wrap
- Food or garden waste
- Glass - to recycle please take to a recycling bank or recycling centre
- Non-packaging plastic, for example, toys or general household items such as basins, storage boxes
- Polystyrene trays
- Plastic bags
If your bin is contaminated with other materials it will result in the bin being left unemptied. A sticker with instructions will be left on the bin.