Energy Company Obligation
The Energy Company Obligation Flexible Eligibility (ECO Flex) helps councils tackle fuel poverty and help households vulnerable to the effects of living in cold homes, by working with energy suppliers to access funding. This programme will be focused on the West Highland area.
We are committed to tackling fuel poverty which is prevalent across the Highlands due to the rural geography and lack of gas connection. The Scottish Housing Conditions Survey showed Highland fuel poverty levels to be at 56%, well above the Scottish average of 34%.
Private households are eligible for funding if they are:
- Fuel poor households, especially those that are not in receipt of ECO eligible benefits, or any other benefits.
- Low income households that are vulnerable to the effects of living in a cold home
In partnership with Home Energy Scotland, we will contact households in this area who may be eligible for funding under ECO Flex. Referrals to this programme will also be taken through households contacting Home Energy Scotland or other referral partners directly.
- Examples of completed works
- Energy Efficient Scotland: Area Based Scheme
- External wall Insulation case studies
- Renewables case study
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Environmental Health Food Business Advice
- Pre-Packed Foods Labelling Advice
- Growing Our Future - A Food Growing Strategy for Highland